Preparing for a Laser Teeth Whitening Procedure
Tooth whitening is a method where many people take when they noticed that their teeth have been stained. Tooth discoloration is due to smoking, chemicals or food stained by medications and aging.
Now with the latest technology, tooth whitening can be done easily and in some instances teeth may be whitened beyond its natural teeth color. Laser teeth whitening procedure is able to fix certain forms of yellow, brown and spotted tooth staining and suitable on people of all ages. This is a good choice in restoring the brightness and bringing the smile alive.
In New York, laser teeth whitening is done in clinics using genuine laser system from Opus 10 and LaserSmile. Red light is generated when laser tooth whitening is done.
Here are some benefits of laser teeth whitening:
1. It is much faster and gentlest whitening system than ordinary or non-laser system. Laser teeth whitening takes only 16 minutes of gel-to-teeth contact time compared to 60 minutes for non-laser system.
2. In laser system you don’t need to wear the tray overnight while in other whitening system it requires the whitening gel to be worn overnight.
3. Less post-procedure sensitivity and faster treatment time because laser tooth whitening system has more efficient laser energy due to precise wavelengths.
There are some things that should take into consideration before undergoing a laser teeth whitening procedure.
It is not recommended for alcohol users or smokers to undergo bleaching. It should be avoided before the teeth undergo bleaching process. Smoking is the cause of damage to gums and tissue on teeth and may trounce the effect of whitening. The top customer for laser teeth whitening is those who have teeth discolored caused by aging, coffee or tobacco.
Porcelain restorations and extensive composite. Pre-existing restoration such as crowns, veneers, bonding, bridges and fillings are not appropriate for bleaching; instead it will be replaced in match with the color to your newly whitened shade.
Former existing sensitive and translucent teeth. More than half of those who undergo laser teeth whitening will experience the pain of sensitive teeth for 1-4 days. But the pain will just ease when bleaching is almost done. Some of translucent teeth may appear darker after bleaching.
Restoration of Amalgam in front teeth and exposed yellow in gingival third. It is required to have a protected prognosis for tooth whitening and also replacement of amalgam is needed to avoid the greening effect.
Unrealistic expectation or noncompliance. The level of teeth whiteness from one person to another differs. Also the result of color shade change relies on each individual’s reaction to the whitening agent. Some people may or may not react in this condition.
Kinds of Tooth Whitening
1. In-office tooth whitening ñ It just takes an hour for the laser teeth whitening to be completed. And also it ensures that proper check up is done before the treatment so that proper precaution such as damming gum line is done before application of whitening gel.
2. Take home tooth whitening ñ the use of this take home whitening kit differs from its overnight application to a twice-a-day treatment.
In New York, laser teeth whitening are now popular because it is recommended by the FDA, ADA and CE. People enjoy the good result of laser teeth whitening and it is much safer than other whitening system. Always remember that there are some things that should be consider for a much safer and successful laser teeth whitening.